Monday, December 28, 2009

With Photoshop, how do you get rid of the blurry-effect around a line when filling in a border?

With Photoshop, I will sometimes draw a box around a picture, then do Select...Modify... Border, with a width of 8 pixels. I will then do a Fill, with the foreground color, generally black.


This works find, and I get a black line border, which is what I want.


BUT, around the border is a glowy, blurry light gray area. I don't want this... I just want a solid black border.


How do I get Photoshop to just fill the border with solid black line, and not black line with fuzzy gray as well?


The picture is a JPG, 600 dpi, in grayscale mode.





Thanks.With Photoshop, how do you get rid of the blurry-effect around a line when filling in a border?
Hit Ctrl+A to marquee your whole graphic.





Go to Select %26gt; Transform Selection





In the ';W'; and ';H'; boxes that appear at the top of the screen, set both to 95% or whatever would work for you.





Hit shift+ctrl+i - this will select your outer border





Fill it in with whatever you like ...With Photoshop, how do you get rid of the blurry-effect around a line when filling in a border?
Use the marquee tool to draw a box the exact size you want, where you want it, and then either use the paint-bucket to fill it in, or the air-brush to spray paint it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment