Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I open a photo that I re-worked in Photoshop without opening Photoshop?

The help menu in Photoshop is completely user unfriendly. All I want to do is save photos that I worked on using this program on their own. But every time I try to open one of them it has to go and open up the entire Photoshop 4.0 program while I sit and wait.How do I open a photo that I re-worked in Photoshop without opening Photoshop?
You can right click on the file in Windows Explorer and use the ';Open with'; option, then select the default Windows Photo viewer. It will be a LOT quicker!How do I open a photo that I re-worked in Photoshop without opening Photoshop?
Very easy. Right-click on any one of the files you're talking about and select 'Open With', then 'Choose program..'.


Now, pick what program you DO want to open up the photo quickly, say just to look at for a sec... I always use 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer'


To make this change permanent (or at least until you repeat this prcedure and change it back again) simply put a check mark by 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.'


All this whole process is called 'file association', BTW
open the same file which you worked on it with photoshop again,..


then from the File Menu select Save As option


now save it in jpeg format such that it can be opened with windows picture and fax viewer.
Go to your Pictures file and right click the one you choose. Click Properties. Change: Open with and choose Windows Picture And Fax Viewer.
Check the extension of your photos, make sure its .jpeg. Also you can right click on the image file select following options.


Open with -%26gt; Choose Programs....


A program selection box will appear select 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer' or any other images viewer you have installed like 'ACDSee' or 'IrfanView'





Click on the checkbox 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file'





Click on okay.





Now you should be able to open the file in you favourite picture viewer.
  • figure
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment