Thursday, December 24, 2009

Photoshop Elements good enough for starting Concept Art?

Im planning to become a concept artist and was wondering if photoshop elements is good enough to start off with?Photoshop Elements good enough for starting Concept Art?
It's okay if you can't afford the high price of Adobe Photoshop CS or higher. But it is basically a watered-down version of Photoshop: you won't have all the features and tools. Depending what you're doing, you may not need all those tools though. Go to Adobe's website and compare the features between the two.





I got Elements 4 on ebay because I can't afford CS yet. LOL While it has a good many of the features I use on a regular basis, it's essentially worthless for me because I can't save photos in CMYK, which is a requirement for print design. So I still have my old copy of Photoshop 5.5/System 9 on my old iMac and no Photoshop for my newer laptop yet.





Still, keep checking on ebay... every now and then you'll find a good deal on legal software copies. That's how I got Quark 6. :)Photoshop Elements good enough for starting Concept Art?
get illustrator if you illustrate. photoshop if you do photo stuff. don't waste your money with the elements version -- fork over the money and get the cs4 version of photoshop. if you are a student, buy a student version of cs4 at a great savings.
And if you are just a student. . .get some cracked software----I did my whole 4 years of Graphic Design studies with software from friends---when you get the jobs THEN you buy the software.
I like all the Photoshop -)

No comments:

Post a Comment