Monday, December 28, 2009

How do you apply a vignette in Photoshop CS2? Thats a black circular shadow around a picture,?

I am trying to become more familiar with my new photoshop program and would like to know how to create dark vignettes or shadows around my pictures. Thanks!How do you apply a vignette in Photoshop CS2? Thats a black circular shadow around a picture,?
I'm sure there is a better way, but...





Open the image you want to process.


Check to see what the dimensions and resolution are.


Before you do anything to the image, open a new blank file.


Check the dimension and resolution of the new file.


- If they don't match your original, change them.


Fill the new file with any color you want for your background color.


Go back to your original file.


Choose the eliptical marquee tool.


Set the feather to 10-20 pixels.


Select an oval around your main subject.


Copy it with [CTRL]+[C].


Go back to the file with your backgrouns color.


Display the copied selection with [CTRL]+[V].


Merge the visible layers with [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[E].


Voila!





Now I'll watch this question to learn the easier way to do it.How do you apply a vignette in Photoshop CS2? Thats a black circular shadow around a picture,?
I do it a similar way:





1. Add a new blank layer to the image


2. Use the elliptical marquee tool to draw where you want the vignette.


3. Go to Select%26gt;Feather and enter the radius to make it fade (something like 20-30 to start, depending on the size of the image)


4. Hit Shift+Ctrl+I or go to Select%26gt;Inverse


5. Go to Edit%26gt;Fill and fill with black


6. Hit Ctrl+D to deselect.





Because it's on another layer, you can adjust the opacity of your vignette or add a layer mask to adjust it.
I do it in ACR (Adobe Camera Raw).





%26gt; Lens tab


%26gt; Vignetting


. I pull the 'Amount' slider to the left


. I then fiddle with the 'Midpoint' slider

No comments:

Post a Comment