Friday, January 8, 2010

If I want to send in a poster I created with Photoshop to get printed, wut resolution should it be set at?

I make flyers (4x6) and posters (11x17) for a band I work with and I was just curious before I send them out what resolution should they be at and what type of file works best? I have been putting them at 300 dpi and sending them as jpegs. Is that good or is there better?If I want to send in a poster I created with Photoshop to get printed, wut resolution should it be set at?
Resolution should be as high as you and the printer can reasonably accommodate. A higher resolution graphic is a larger file, and that my set some limit. Your printer's shop will have a maximum too, so check on that. Three hundred dots per inch is pretty much MINIMUM.





Do not use JPEG. It is a ';lossly'; format: it achieves a smaller file size by throwing away some of the information in your original image. This is fine for uses where small is more important than clear (the Web or digital cameras with limited storage). For printing, this is an atrocious choice!





For submission of an image to a print shop, use a non-lossy, compressed format like TIFF or EPS.If I want to send in a poster I created with Photoshop to get printed, wut resolution should it be set at?
saving them as pngs pring out nicer

No comments:

Post a Comment