Friday, January 8, 2010

How do I make sure I don't lose layers in photoshop?

Everytime I save and quit Adobe Photoshop Elements, it merges all of my layers together. I need the layers, but I need to shut my computer down or something. How do I make it so that I can keep the layers and turn off the program?How do I make sure I don't lose layers in photoshop?
Pay attention to what format you save your work on.How do I make sure I don't lose layers in photoshop?
Quit saving jpeg's or tiff's without layer support. You want the layer, then save as PSD. That's all there is to it. BTW, saving as tiff with layers will create a filesize about 10% larger than a psd file.
Use the default format for the pictures (I believe it is psp). If you convert it to jpg, bmp, tiff or any other format you will lose the layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment